I like having noise in the background when I write (most of the time). Recently, however, I forgot that I had the player set on shuffle. And somehow it’d gotten changed from one play list to the whole music library. I don’t know about you, but I have extremely eclectic music tastes. I like specific songs from nearly every genre, which means that putting the library on shuffle results in something like this.
- “Inside Out” by Eve 6
- “Bach Prelude for Cello” played by YoYoMa
- “Fury” by Little Big Town
- “Chocolate” by the Smothers Brothers
- “Do What U Do” by P!nk
- “The Tell-Tale Hound” by Louis Barabbas & The Bedlam Six
- “Run, Freedom, Run!” from Urinetown: The Musical
- “One More Mile” by Brandon Santini
- “Master of Puppets” by Metallica
- “The Singing Sea” by Yoko Kanno
Needless to say, I realized my mistake pretty quickly and fixed it. Good thing, too. I can only imagine the weird story that would’ve come out’ve mixing those songs together!